Program Entrance Requirements
● Must have a bachelor’s degree or higher from accredited colleges or universities. Teacher-Candidate has not completed a teacher education program or held any type of teaching certificate in the state of Georgia or any other state in the country.
● Teacher-Candidate has a GPA of 2.5 or higher in all college work – must provide transcripts from all colleges or universities to NEGA RESA for evaluation.
● Pass the GACE Program Admission Assessment (or qualify for exemption with a passing score on the SAT, GRE, ACT, or Praxis.) It is also possible to exempt the GACE Program Admission Assessment if you passed the Praxis I Test prior to September 1, 2006.
SAT - Combined 1000 on Verbal Critical Reading and Math (1080 on or after 9/1/2019)
ACT - Combined 43 on English and Math
GRE - Combined 1030 Verbal/Quantitative if taken before 8/2011 or Combined 297 Verbal/Quantitative if taken after 8/201
Praxis I - Tests passed prior to September 1, 2000
Note: Certain pathways do not require that the Teacher-Candidate take and pass the GACE Content Assessment before being admitted into the program, but the Candidate must pass this assessment before exit. (After evaluating the application, a NEGA RESA representative will notify the potential Teacher-Candidate if this is a program entry requirement).
● Pass GACE Content Assessment or have a degree major or classes that align to the area of certification. (NEGA RESA representative will evaluate the official transcript.) Note: Candidates will have to pass the GACE content Assessment before exiting the program regardless.
● Complete GACE Ethics Exit.
● Secure a job offer as a teacher with a local school system for at least half a day.
● Complete the GaTAPP Program Application.
● Candidate Recommendation Form to be completed by the school system official and submitted to Northeast Georgia RESA’s GaTAPP Administrative Assistant with the application.
● Application fee ($20) and program fees are the responsibility of the Candidate.